Much much much better than the alpha that was released at Apple's 2003 WWDC. Here's a list of what I've found in the first two hours of playing:
- The system itself is both more stable and more responsive.
- The new DVD player seems to lack the memory leak of the old one.
- The new Finder has a less-buggy implementation of the column view.
- The Accounts prefpane now has user limitations implemented.
- The Simple Finder limitation for Guest users is pretty slick.
- Fast-user switching is, well, faster.
- Default bash shell.
echo $SHELL /bin/bash
- Expose's desktop feature doesn't completely hide open windows.
- The new Activity Monitor has a process filter and is more usable in general.
Phew. Fantastic. I can't wait until they release this to the general public.
Post a Comment