|via big fun|
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
- Read a headline re: Germany scaling back "nuclear".
- Confusion whether it refers to disarmament or nuclear power in the aftermath of Fukushima.
- Read article, ah, phasing out nuclear power.
- Thinks to self: wait, does Germany even have The Bomb?
- Consult wikipedia:
- Nuclear club (ooh neat, Germany didn't have the bomb until we gave them one)
- Begin clicking every first, non-parenthesized link, ala xkcd:
- sovereign state
- social sciences
- philosophy (win!)
Monday, May 30, 2011
Sunday, May 01, 2011
It's hard to know how to feel. I don't think I've ever felt especially good when hearing that another living creature has died. Tonight, after hearing of Osama bin Laden's death, only two real things have been swirling around in my mind:
- Where's the forgiveness? The Bible seems pretty clear about the concept, but none of the Christians I know seem to want to think or talk about it. It's a noticeable absence.
- Some person I don't know was killed by some other people I don't know for having killed yet more people I didn't know. This seems quite a self-centered way to be thinking of the situation, but in all honesty, I don't think I can help it. I try to put the news in practical terms and come up blank. I don't see how this changes things in the world and so it's more or less a non-event.